Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Audio Visual Field Engineer - POC for commissioning of assigned projects for the Advanced Visual Environment Technical Operations team. What part will you play?Overview:
Working with assigned project managers and programmers in providing complete, full functional integrated audio-visual systems.
Two main focal points:
(a) commissioning racks in the shop, and
(b) commissioning systems in the field to the point that these systems are ready for client training.
May provide customer training.
Audio Video solutions could include the following: Polycom, Cisco, Pexip, Google, Microsoft SFB/Teams, TelePresence video conferencing systems; Biamp, ClearOne, or Extron DSPs; Dante; Evertz; VBrick technology; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, QSC, Digital Signage Systems; Crestron, AMX, or Utelogy Controls; Cisco Unified Communications; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras, Video Walls
What will you be doing?
• Manages own time to perform within defined schedule
• Interfaces with assigned project manager; client contacts; & all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in the commissioning process
• Responsible for redlining CAD documentation for as-built purposes + communicating punch items to project manager
• Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network
• Advanced capabilities for troubleshooting
• Responsible for managing versions and storing final DSP code on the project server + works with programmer to define audio system controls
• Assists the project manager with handling client requested changes to scope (change orders)
• Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications
• Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists + rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment + field testing and resolving issues with equipment and programs
• Provide training on AV systems to clients
What do we require from you?
• General CTS preferred
• Able to study towards and obtain CTS-I within 3 years of taking position
• A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
• Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units + loading of Crestron and AMX code + basic IP networking
• Can create customer training presentations in PowerPoint if required
• 30% overnight travel
•Experience installing audio-visual, teleconferencing, corporate video, control systems, low voltage, voice/data cabling, structured cabling, fiber optic, or related systems strongly preferred
• Experience using hand tools of the A/V and electronic related trades is a plus. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable, soldering tools/techniques, construction equipment such as scaffolding, hoists, pulleys, (concrete, brick & block) attachment devices, unistrut steel support, etc.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• The position of Installation requires the following attributes: technical capability, professionalism, self-motivation, self-discipline, focus and attention to detail and punctuality
• Must be able to stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time
• Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding
• Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds
• Must be able to work in high places and in small cramped places
• Must be able to work in hot humid places as well as cold places
• Must be able to maintain the following attributes while under pressure from deadlines: technical capability, professionalism, self-motivation, self-discipline, focus and attention to detail
• Must be able to maintain a safety-minded approach to all activities