Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Audio Visual Manager will supervises and oversees the work of the AV team. It ensures delivery of a first-class AV service to support the our clients venues business plan (including pre-sales to achieve the annual income targets) and continual improvement in the venues AV capabilities.Main responsibilities
1) Manage AV budget to ensure costs are kept within budget restraints and AV income meets targets.
2) Provide all AV equipment, operators and services, on time and within legal requirements in order to meet client expectations and requirements.
3) Manage the AV department on a day-to-day basis, ensuring equipment is regularly checked and maintained, the asset register is accurate, and replacements and upgrades are planned.
4) Manage team of permanent, casual and freelance staff, ensuring they maintain the agreed customer service standards in their dress, manner and all dealings with clients and colleagues.
5) Ensure all AV staff are trained in the use of the in-house AV equipment as appropriate and follow industry best practice, and brief and train non-AV staff when rolling out new equipment.
6) Be the main point of contact for 3rd party event production companies, ensuring they adhere to the contractor regulations, H&S regulations, as well as providing professional and helpful service to ensure the success of the event.
7) Understand evolving client requirements with Venues Team. Research new industry developments to establish feasibility and benefits of new technologies that meet these needs.
8) Own and develop the AV Service catalogue and carry out regular competitor analysis to ensure that prices and AV services are in line with the market and competition.
9) Maintain written procedures of all key AV processes in order to ensure business continuity at all times.
Skills, knowledge and experience
• Sales experience
• Extensive multi-disciplinary AV experience in a similar role, including lighting, sound and projection.
• Strong IT knowledge base including software, hardware and basic network connectivity troubleshooting
• Strong customer service and communication skills – deals well with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Strong problem-solving skills – able to identify both quick fixes and long-term solutions
• Strong project and budget management experience
• Keeps up to date with the latest AV industry advancements and technologies
Health and safety
• Qualification in manual handling
• Health & safety of AV equipment
• Working at heights certificate
Reporting to [job title]: ICT Operations Support Manager
Number of roles this job manages: 1 – Senior AV Technician
Other key relationships: Venues Manager, Head of Facilities, Head of ICT. Managing a team of AV freelancers (Commercial Clients and other internal event organisers, production companies)