Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
We are looking for an experienced Security, AV & Smart home engineer and programmer to work on a range of projects across the London and Greater London Area.
To proactively install in a timely, efficient and professional manner CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control and Home Automation installations in accordance with customer agreed completion dates and job margin criteria, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The Security & Custom Installation Engineer will report directly to the Project Manager.
• To contribute to quality and continuous improvement across projects
• Assess resource requirements needed to carry out project implementation
• Provide input into plans for engineering and commissioning activities and ensure resource is scheduled when required
• Initiate change control to ensure that management is aware of all possible changes in project scope or budgeted expenditure. Variation paperwork to be completed and passed for authorisation in a timely manner.
• Providing regular feedback (written and verbal) to the Installation Manager on all projects under his control.
• Responsible for the end-to-end process of installing CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Audio, Smart home, Whole house entertainment and Home cinema systems.
• Assisting in the design of solutions, planning installations, AV supplier procurement and accessories, installing the systems, commissioning and programming.
• Working within our installation Dept doing New Build Tower and existing Retro fit projects.
• Reporting to the Installation Manager and working with our Installations coordinator you will be expected to be a self-starter and to work on your own regularly.
• Manage projects to time, budget and customer satisfaction.
• Re-engineering of both products and system design wherever possible to maximise installation margin
• Re-engineering of systems to meet our contractual obligations
• Supporting other installation engineers in programming of systems
• Survey of customer sites and attendance to pre-contract meetings (on an as required basis) to ensure that the full scope of installation works are identified and any problems are overcome at an early stage.
• Providing technical assistance and training to installation engineers and sub-contractors where required.
• Day to day installation including site liaison and planning.
• To manage the commissioning process including customer handover. The completion and recording of Quality checks for all installation works to ensure that company standards are maintained. All quality issues to be recorded in the feedback system.
• Ensure that job completion paperwork is promptly returned to the admin team (commissioning forms, signed customer handover & before and after photos).
• Working closely with our customers to ensure a professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
• Help design department to provide AV Schematic Layouts and SLD drawings as required
• Work with the Technical Estimator and sales team to ensure our price, accurately reflects the time to carry out various installation tasks and maintain competitive pricing in the marketplace.
• Produce Project Documentation including O & M Manuals
• Provide explanations for jobs not achieving budgeted margin and ensure root causes are addressed to prevent further reoccurrence
• Calculating the value of completed works and assisting with payment applications for payment as required.
• Sales Lead Generation
This is a technical role that requires regular travel around the London. To be considered you will need to have the following experience, skills & qualifications:
Essential skills & experience
• At least 2 years custom installation of Smart home, consisting of Door Entry, CCTV, Access Control. Entertainment and Home cinema systems
• Strong network installation skills
• HD & 4K video distribution over CAT cable
• In depth experience of AV & control systems
• Full, clean driving licence
• Very strong customer service skills
• Excellent diagnosis and problem solving
• Smart Home and Home entertainment: 4 years (Preferred)
• Residential New Build & Retro
• Full clean UK driving licence
Desired skills & experience
• Preferred but not essential experience of lighting Control Bus systems
• Advantageous but not a necessity of electronics for both lighting installation and smart home requirements, as well as programming knowledge (Lutron?KNX/AMX/Crestron)
You will be:
• Open to learning new systems
• Driven to succeed
• Honest & trust worthy
• A team player
• Excellent communication both written and verbal
Education & qualification
• Ideally 5 GSCE including English & Maths
• NW, W London or Hertfordshire based (Preferred)
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / ACCOUNTABILITY
To ensure that all projects are carried out;
• In line with the required specification.
• Within the agreed timescale.
• To an acceptable standard of quality.
• Cost Control, maximising profit margins against budgeted cost
• With excellent standards of Customer Service
• In compliance with the company Health and Safety requirements, British Standards and Legislation
• Operations /Installation Manager & Coordinator, Sales team, Technical Estimator and Stores department.
• Liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors regarding product identification, delivery, and quality.