Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is a great opportunity for an AV/IT Service Engineer to join a fast growing specialist in Audio Visual integration. This role is based in Central and greater London Areas, the successful candidate will be responsible for visiting client sites, inspecting, diagnosing and repairing AV/IT systems including: Presentation systems, Digital Signage Systems, Video Conference systems and RichMedia (streaming) systems.Hours of work: 8am - 5pm + Some evening and weekend working will be required.
Our client is looking for an Engineer with a working knowledge of audio visual equipment including projectors and complex audio systems plus communications protocols such as RS232 and RS485. TCP/IP network knowledge and understanding will be essential to the position as is the ability to use network diagnostic tools such as Wire Shark and Packet Tracer.
- Fault finding & rectification of AV/IT systems at client sites.
- Completion of service reports and reporting job status to line manager.
- Traveling to / from client sites as required.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on installed systems at client sites.
- Providing remote assistance and onsite technical support for clients.
- Offsite rack building of AV/IT systems when not performing service calls.
- Assisting with technical implementation / commissioning of new systems at client sites.
Qualifications & Training
- UK Driving licence
- HNC/D Electronic Engineering / computing, CCENT, or equivalent.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
- Microsoft MCITP or equivalent
- Experience of installing, commissioning and servicing commercial audio-visual systems including projection, flat panel, control systems, power amplifiers, DSP’s, audio / video matrix systems, digital and analogue signal transmission formats.
- Experience of Microsoft server systems including networking, security and content delivery.
- Experience of computer networks and streaming techn logies.
Qualities and Attitude
- Must be able to work un-supervised, under time pressure and to deliver outcomes to budget and required timeline.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Sufficiently flexible and mobile to travel as required.
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to use access equipment and physically install hardware into clients sites without technical assistance.
- Domestically secure and able to travel & work extended hours without upsetting domestic situation.
- Audio Systems (Balanced / Unbalanced)
- Basic computer networking, TCP/IP, MAC, SubNets, VPN
- Video Conference CODEC’s LCD & DLP Projectors
- Large Format Flat Panels
- AMX / Crestron / Extron type control systems
- Extron / Crestron / AMX / Kramer AV switching and matrix systems (digital & analogue)
- Signal extenders over catX / HD BaseT formats
- Lighting systems / DMX control
- Content Delivery networks
- Video Conference Systems
- Streaming technologies
- Digital Signage Products
- Analog & Digital Electronics
- VM Ware
- PC Video & Image Formats
- AMX / Crestron Control
- Microsoft Server Systems
- Networking Systems
- SQL Database
- SonicFoundry Mediasite™ systems