Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The role of the Show Technician will be a mobile and versatile technical support interface between the Onsite Account Manager, Dry Hire team and the end clients / venues. Technical expertise along with excellent organisational skills, are required to handle the diverse array of projects.Key Responsibilities:
- To work in a shift pattern as organised by the Onsite Account Manager and be on duty at weekends on occasion, when requested.
- To prepare, rig, operate and de-rig equipment for events within the hotel and be available on-site for ad hoc technical issues.
- You will be a point of contact for clients and hotel representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- You are to adhere to the Company’s and hotel’s grooming standards at all times whilst on site at the hotel or other venues if appropriate.
- Ensure all items are accounted for before and after each event by following proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance procedures.
- Provide a high quality technical service in terms of set ups/de-rigs and client facing responsibilities.
- Assist with the load-ins/load-outs of equipment going into/coming out of events.
- Operate and provide routine maintenance of integrated audio-visual equipment.
- Have a understanding of integrated control systems, be able to trouble shoot and liaise with systems integrators
- Cultivate relations with all hotel staff i.e. operational team members, sales and front of house teams to develop on-site relationship.
- Report to the Onsite Account Manager and the hotel staff any client communications/requests; where appropriate, ensuring that communication does not break down at any stage.
- Use your initiative to fulfil any additional client requests and/or resolve any technical issues whilst on-site.
- Foster good relations with all of the Branch Operations to ensure that full back-up support is provided from front of house/warehouse.
- Attend meetings with the Onsite Account Manager as and when required to ensure that all delegated duties are carried out effectively and efficiently, meeting all deadlines and objectives.
- To help other in-house operations as instructed by the Onsite Account Manager/Technical Events Manager, if necessary.
- When on site at an operated venue; manage the in-house stock control and report any damaged, lost, stolen, faulty equipment in the correct procedure
- Maintain good working relationship with all in-house technicians/freelance technicians working within the venue on behalf of the Company.
- Cover for Managers at Single Person managed venues/hotels
- Competence with H&S procedures, risk assessments and a working knowledge of rigging and hanging infrastructure within hotels