Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
To work with the AV Manager and be responsible for the support and supervision of the AV team in the meeting rooms and flat floor spaces to provide audio visual, lighting, filming, conference call/video, IPTV and production services to all users to provide the ideas & technology that inspire great meetings & eventsHours:
45 hours per week as per the rota, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the role. To include weekends, bank holidays, early and late shifts as detailed in weekly rota. Time off in lieu will be offered where business levels allow. 5 days out of 7
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To co-ordinate the resources between the 19 associated meeting rooms to include fixed and mobile equipment but also at times support the 2 x lecture theatres. To assist with the management of the AV/IP network structure, the av maintenance contractors and av consultants
To liaise with each client prior to using the venue to ensure a full understanding of their requirements and event objectives. Offer advice & guidance regarding the optimal equipment & support solution to deliver exceptional customer service every time. To drive profitability of the venue by maximising sales & managing costs.
• Overall responsibility for the day to day floor operation including ordering, setting up & operation of all fixed and mobile AV, lighting, digital display screens, IPTV, stage and production services. Ensuring all facilities and services are delivered to agreed standards of procedure.
• Responsibility for the stock control, asset management of all AV equipment including pool equipment, security and maintenance of all AV equipment and services.
• To work effectively with tv and I.T departments regarding filming, streaming, LAN and connectivity
• To support the AV Manager with the contracts for the maintenance & repair of all equipment within the department and plan the life cycle replacement schedule.
• Pro-actively use the Sales and Catering (S&C) booking system to organize the AV labour and equipment resources.
• In the absence of the AV manager to pro-actively contact all clients & act as the focal point for the technical requirements for their events. Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients & allow up selling for equipment to provide enhanced services to all the Venue’s clients.
• To provide outstanding customer service to clients & resolve customer care/ service issues, problems and queries with the AV Manager and the Head of Venues and Facilitiess Manager, following the guidelines in place in a timely manner.
• Monitor service delivery and standards and effect changes within own area of work to maximise service quality and efficiency
• In absence of manager to manage budgets and charges for areas of your responsibility Ensure consumption charges are invoiced to the client via the sales team and within the sales contract.
• To support the AV manager with the management of the AV network infrastructure, the patching , records , fixes , and keep the systems set to the optimum as per the consultants specifications and AV maintenance contractors
• Assist the AV manager with the review of the AV network and equipment to meet future client requirements and trends and formulate strategic proposals
• Assist with the business continuity options and ensure the AV team and agency AV temps are fully trained to deliver these options
Staff and Operational Management
• To keep skills up to date and be aware of current practice and new developments within venue and events services with primacy to (AV and IT) and after researching, provide analysis and recommendations to the Head of Venues and Facilities.
• To train and coach staff within the department & wider operations team to improve operational efficiency and quality of service of all AV, IT and lighting services.
• To train and coach the sales team to improve understanding of the facilities provided & upselling opportunities.
• Brief, co-ordinate and supervise all relevant staff (e.g. general ops and technical staff) with regard to the AV aspects of all events.
• In the absence of the AV manager to liaise with all appropriate and required service providers internal and external to ensure appropriate actions are taken for each conference or event. To liaise with suppliers, placing orders and ensuring that best prices are obtained.
• Ensure that all required AV, filming, conference call/video, lighting and staging equipment has been assessed prior to an event and that it is functioning correctly.
• To assist with;
managing lieu time for the department
• Assist the AV Manager with staff performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels & facilitate team development.
• To ensure that all the required resources are ordered, received, available and assigned, as appropriate. To monitor the use of permanent and casual labour together with all other resources and ensure that these remain within budget
• To assist the AV manager and be pro-active in the researching, collating, devising, production and co-ordination of documentation to include:
sales team audio visual packs
user information packs
training manuals for in house use
• To liaise with Operations and Sales colleagues, and ensure that up to date event and client information is submitted so that final invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the banner system within the lecture theatre, safe guard the remote control and maintenance of the system
• Ensure SOP in place for problem solving network faults
• To monitor and provide competitor analysis on other venues, their AV equipment, pricing and packages.
• Assist in retention and growth by maximising customer and client satisfaction from pre-event planning through post-event phases of service
• To effectively promote the services of tv for filming, editing and streaming services
• Extensive experience or qualifications in the management of conference and events audio visual, conference call/video, lighting and DMX and staging requirements
• Experience operating two tiered lecture theatres with capacities of 455 and 185 and multiple meeting rooms
• Demonstrable experience in a large capacity flat floor events (300 delegates +) 4 star conference venue/hotel environment.
• Demonstrate experience in multiple room set ups
• To have operational knowledge of a range of audio-visual hardware and conference call/video equipment – codex, Polycom , Lync , Extron
• To have an understanding of LAN networks and IT connectivity to include wi-fi and vpn.
• To have a working and operational knowledge of lighting design and control systems i.e dmx , moving profile lights ,LED wash and uplights
• To have established contacts within the AV hire industry
• To demonstrate an understanding of video, filming , streaming and hosting services to include tri-caster
• Cabling and microphones
• Experience with IPTV systems and digital signage systems ie Signage Live, Watchout
• Experience with room control systems ie AMX/Crestron style controllers
• Audio mixers and amplification systems, sound and recording .
• Well presented, with a calm and professional approach.
• Excellent customer service skills and awareness. Ability to work with confidence at a variety of levels of customer.
• Strong communication skills, with a good level of spoken English.
• General administration skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise a variety of tasks.
• Possess proven staff management skills and experience of co-ordinating teamwork and working as a close knit management team.
• Ability to produce documents on MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Position involves evening, weekend work, some bank holidays and on-call responsibility
• Health and Safety, Risk Assessment , Permits to Work