Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Senior Events Technician will deliver and maintain the highest standards in gallery lighting and AV provision for all exhibitions, lectures, presentations, performances and events. As a member of the Audio-Visual team, the Senior Technician will, in a supervisory capacity, assist in organizing workflow of the AV team, ensuring performance goals and deadlines are met as set by Audio-Visual Managers or other senior officer.MAIN DUTIES:
- Plan and prepare the set-up of audio and video systems for events utilizing a variety of digital and analogue equipment for lectures, presentations, DJ’s and live bands.
- Understand and identify users’ needs and take part in the planning successful delivery of events.
- Supervise selected shifts, providing cover to events requiring AV technical support throughout early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- When designated, act as the main point of contact for events with support escalation, including on-the-spot diagnosis and rectification of problems as and when they occur.
- Ensure all preparatory tasks for shifts under your management are completed adequately, including content preparation, event set ups, daily equipment checks and gallery checks.
- Induct, train and supervise freelancers and new starters.
- Undertake operational duties for recording events (audio and video) and live streaming and relay systems.
- Test and rehearse and manage all content required for event delivery.
- Provide recorded content from events to relevant colleagues.
- Assist with the preparation for and installation of galleries exhibition lighting. Act as leading technician for designated installations.
- Assist in the planning, installation and maintenance of audio-visual systems for exhibitions and displays in public spaces, taking a lead on selected projects.
- Facilitate the work of external contractors on co-delivered events.
- Maintain orderly storage areas and care for the equipment.
- Use CAFM system to track, manage and report on events and projects.
- Maintain the design of exhibitions and permanent displays by completing regular inspections.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights and from Elevated Working Platforms.
- Represent the team at key operational meetings.
- Report faults and potential improvements to the AV Managers.
- Able to apply an ethic of continually refining processes and exploring the capacity to make improvements with the team.
- Ensure that all tools, protective clothing, test equipment and monitoring devices are maintained in an effective and safe manner.
- Ensure that all working practices comply with the relevant Health and Safety legislation and the Academy's own health and safety policy and procedures.
- Attend relevant training courses, as necessary.
- Undertakes any other duty which may reasonably be allocated by the Audio-Visual Managers or other senior officer.
- Suitable industry specific or higher education qualification
- Highly computer literate and proficient with Microsoft and Apple computers and devices
- Good knowledge of analogue and digital video formats and standards
- Competency with presentation software such as Power Point and Keynote
- Proficiency with Digital Audio Workstations and Video editing software
- Good general knowledge and personal commitment to health & safety regulation relating to engineering work
- Significant experience of operating live events incorporating sound and video
- Familiar with a range of audio systems and digital and analogue control consoles (Yamaha QL1, Allen & Heath QU-16, wireless microphone systems and usage)
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work cooperatively across all departments of the organisation as well with external contractors and suppliers
- Comfortable with working at height
- Able to cope with a varied workload, effectively prioritising important tasks
- Able to behave calmly and professionally in stressful, live situations.
- Diplomatic and helpful with first class customer facing skills
- Excellent initiative, attention to detail - a proactive problem solver bringing solutions to challenging situations
- Ability to establish good working relationships across all departments
- Ability to work flexibly – out of hours and weekend working
- An interest in the work, aims and objectives of our client
- A very generous pension, contributing up to 10% of your salary into a defined contribution scheme
- In addition to 25 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday each year, we close between Christmas Eve and New Year, allowing staff additional paid leave
- We also have a staff choir, running club and craft club
- Best of all, we have reciprocal agreements with many leading museums and art galleries in London and New York that enable you to enter for free with your staff pass.