Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 0203 980 9442 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Our client is looking to expand the capacity of our production department to deliver projects to the highest standards. This is a new department being created that is to provide specialist video systems technical installation and maintenance capabilities. Working closely with project managers and technology consultants to provide on-site specialist technical services. As lead on-site you will be expected to mentor and develop technicians and suppliers to ensure the quality and reliability of our interactive, immersive and experiential installations.Reporting to the Head of Production, production managers and support manager; applicants will be required to attend site to lead the installation and maintenance of a wide range of AV equipment. This includes projectors, LED walls, video Walls, media servers, interactive controls, show controls, lighting & sound equipment and interfaces to other building systems. Based in London but travelling to sites around the UK (occasionally worldwide), you will be central to our permanent installations and support service.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Be well-presented and client-facing – inspire confidence from our customers with your specialist skills and knowledge.
- Lead and train the installation technicians, manage installation standards to an industry-leading level,
- Lead the installation, calibration and rigorous testing of equipment and systems.
- Integrate intuitive controls of complex systems for non-technical end-users
- Present end-user training sessions
- Take responsibility for the technical delivery of projects following a handover from our technical consultant designers under guidance of the project manager
- Provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support when needed and as directed by the support manager
- Working to our installation standards, liaise with the Project Manager to ensure required materials and equipment are available on site for each day’s work.
- Assist on delivery, testing and logistics of our temporary shows & events
- Travel to client sites worldwide as required
- Attend the office for project meetings and handovers (Kentish Town)
- Assist the warehouse manager in the warehouse (Acton Park) on non-site days
- Undergo training as required in technology, installation and health and safety
- Attention to detail & commitment to highest standards of installation
- Relevant training or qualifications for AV installation
- Experience of interactive video experiences and video projection (mapping) workflows
- Exceptional technical skill – specifically video but also networking, lighting, audio and power
- Knowledge of control integration and media Server technology - specifically:
o Medialon, Crestron, Kramer,
o Disguise, Watchout, Touchdesigner, Brightsign, DisplayMapper & Resolume
o DMX, ArtNet, DALI
- Commitment to working deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work flexible and unsocial hours as required to support projects
- Clean UK Driving License
Desirable experience and skills:
- Construction industry experience
- Electrical installation qualifications
- Arts / events experience
- Customer service experience
- Elementary CAD skills (training will be provided)
- On-site and remote 3rd line technical support (training will be provided)