Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
In this senior client-facing position the successful candidate will be responsible for business and brand development across a range of event venues. The successful candidate will also be the lead for a major corporate account. Producing proposals for prospective clients across a wide range of event sizes and formats. Attending pre sales show rounds and creating event concepts for clients.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Working hours: 40 hour week over 5 days (Monday – Friday or other hours detailed/Hours as required)
The ideal candidate will currently be working within the production industry as an Account Manager, and have extensive experience within a range of event scales and genres including hospitality and corporate conferencing. To be considered you must have excellent people skills and detailed understanding of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging and work with the company to develop, promote and develop the brand.
The role also includes the development of our strategic partnership with the Group that owns the venue. The candidate will be expected to develop relationships across the organisation to capitalise on opportunities beyond event services at the venue.
• Liaison with clients, attend client meetings and show rounds.
• Preparation and administration proposals including the sourcing and quotations for externally provided equipment and services and the correct pricing for these.
• Liaison with the venue sales departments, reporting and strategy development.
• Creation of 2D floor plans, set designs and additional supporting document for proposals.
• Accurate entering of information into our hire management and CRM systems.
• Responsibility for billing via our automated system
• Close liaison with other members of the Business Winning team on wider strategy.
• An understanding of the wider client account and the ability to connect with both internal and external teams to ensure a joined up approach to the wide variety of services offers.
• Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
• Previous experience of multi-level quotations and proposals including supporting documents such as floor plans and set designs.
• Previous experience in a technical Venue Sales role.
• Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Financial acumen and understanding the responsibility of a sales manager in ensuring the profitability of event delivery.
• Commercial awareness and experience dealing with a multi stakeholder environment
• General understanding/awareness of venue service provision and practical event practices.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels
• Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
• Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meet strict deadlines
• Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them
• To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values at all times
• Previous experience of working within public sector and multi-tiered organisations would be an advantage.
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work. ¬