Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity. We are looking for a Senior AV Technician to be based at prestigious London venue, on behalf of our AV client. The Senior Technician will be supporting the onsite Technical Production Manager in the day to day duties of the venue spaces, assisting with show rounds and with elements of up selling the venue facilities. This is opportunity is exclusive to JacobsMassey!0800-1800 5 days per week with 1 hour break
The purpose of the role is to provide support to our clients Venue Manager at a unique location in London, by assisting with:
- Point of contact for customers and venue representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- With support from the on-site AV Technician you will manage the preparation, rig, operation and de-rig of equipment surrounding events within the venue, perform routine functionality checks and be available for ad hoc technical issues.
- Provide a high-quality technical service in terms of customers facing responsibilities.
- Technical Support to include Audio, Visual, Lighting and Switching on events and the management of Freelance staff.
- Cultivate relationships with all venue staff i.e. operational team members, sales and front of house teams to build on already excellent on-site reputation.
- Liaise and coordinate in supervision of external production companies during set up and de-rig of events
You will update the AV booking system to coordinate events alongside the Sales Team to make sure that all orders are ready to be delivered and additionally highlight any issues or shortages to the Sales Teams in advance.
If you have a passion to work within the events industry and you can demonstrate a keen interest and prior experience within a Senior Technician/Technical Manager post, we would like to hear from you. You should possess:
- A flexible approach in terms of working hours. Being part of the "live events industry" means there can be longer days and unsociable hours!
- The ability to carry out frequent manual handling tasks.
- A positive minded self-starter who is able to use initiative.
- An outstanding team player – able to motivate others and communicate effectively
- Strong Technical knowledge gained from within an AV/ Live Events environment
- Understanding of the operation and routing of integrated in-house Systems is essential – (AMX)
- Smart and presentable with the ability to fit in to a corporate environment.