Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Excellent opportunity for a experienced Live Event Technician based at a high profile corporate London HQ.Main Purpose of Position
You will be responsible for delivering a demanding calendar of corporate events whilst maintaining the high quality and standards of the client’s experience. The role incorporates all aspects of AV including pre-production, identifying technical requirements, attending meetings in an advisory capacity, managing multiple types of equipment and event execution.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Liaise with clients to determine event support requirements
• Planning and execution of technical elements for conferences and roadshows hosted at hotels and other venues with a view to produce a cost effective and professional event
• Provide technical support to the event spaces.
• Attend site surveys and productions days
• Liaise with the Events and Comms teams
• Arrange any dry-hire requirements as part of events planning.
• Coordinate with external production companies and host sites
• Work with Rich Media Service teams including connectivity coordination, projects and VIP AV
• Process enquiries to the Events team mailbox.
• Process telephone enquiries made to the Events team hotline.
• Carry out all aspects of the AV service prescribed in Event Function Sheets.
• Maintain personal awareness of procedures relevant to the Events Team.
• Deliver a high standard of service in accordance with SLAs.
• Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
• High energy level; ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Flexible, adaptive team player
• Deal with day to day administrative duties and any ad hoc duties assigned by the senior staff.
• Be fully conversant with H&S and First Aid procedures.
• Ensure a consistent standard is maintained throughout all events and that all processes are routinely followed.
• Support and train others within the company to ensure procedural knowledge is passed to all members of your team
• Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
• Support multiple client sites.
• Other duties as required or assigned by company management
Key Skills required by the post holder
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• (3) three years’ experience within a client facing Corporate Events field
• Ability to provide working standards within a Corporate Head Office
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and systems.
• InfoComm CTS Certified or similar vocational qualification(s) preferred. Candidates without this qualification will be expected to complete this training onsite
• Live experience of digital sound desks including microphone management and EQ
• Working experience of Crestron control systems and virtual signal routing
• Knowledge of Video Conferencing, control, signal switching / routing and TV distribution systems
• Multi-camera control systems and vision mixing
• Understanding of multiple display types including aspect ratios and video walls
• Basic stage lighting principles
• Expert PowerPoint user and knowledge of MS Windows