Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Junior IT Help Desk will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system (SysAid)
- 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Laptops, PCs, Printers and handheld devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Escalating calls / tickets to other teams when required.
- Troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Provide stats for the monthly Service Desk report on call trends
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups/DLs etc.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house such as Dell.
- Day to Day IT Prep as and when required (PC, Mac Monitors and Printers)
- Software installs, deployment, and Imaging using Ghost.
- Windows OS, Office 2010/2013 and 2016 troubleshooting & resolving
- Citrix troubleshooting & resolving
- BS or equivalent Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology
- MCP certification would be desirable.
- An ITIL qualification is preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills
- 1 years previous IT Service Desk.
- Basic User & Security Group Active Directory administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7 and Office 2010.
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook 2010 and 2016 within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service