Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
To plan and manage audio-visual infrastructure and end-support for a range of public web-based video and audio broadcasts of our live meetings via the internet, video conferences and web casts. Additionally to prepare audio and video files for publishing to our web site and archive.Background
This is a pivotal role within the IT team which supports stakeholders in the organisation and fulfils important external stakeholder engagement by enabling interested parties to access reliable and uninterrupted access to broadcasts or to be able to engage with our client and other parties via video conferencing.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing our suite of AV Facilities and Recording Studio used to support in-house meetings, internet broadcast of public meetings, web cast and audio and video conferencing
- Managing the relationship with suppliers for the above equipment and broadcast technology
- Working with staff across our client to understand and support our public schedule of broadcasts, audio-visual conferences and ad-hoc requests for these
- Understanding our existing technology and supporting reliable execution of these meetings, this can include monitoring meetings and troubleshooting issues
- Managing live meetings this can include change content such as PowerPoint slides being broadcast on the fly to suit changes in meeting agendas
- Troubleshooting issues and ensuring any problems are resolved to restore service "' this is backed up by our client taking out appropriate support contracts with key suppliers
- Working with recorded video and audio files to create content ready for loading to our web site
- Keeping abreast of developments in broadcast and conferencing technology and working with our client and key suppliers to update and refresh our offering as needed
- Working with the internal IT support team to ensure they can provide ad-hoc support as backup to yourself or during holidays.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to simplify technical information for users who are not experts;
- A strong customer service orientation;
- Flexible approach: we are a global organisation and some meeting/support requests occur outside UK business hours;
- A persuasive and diplomatic team-player who is comfortable dealing with all levels of staff within the organisation;
- Self-motivated, resilient and focused;
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise time effectively.
Qualifications and experience
The following skills are essential
- Understanding of networking and broadcast over the web
- Experience working with Cisco SX80 or similar codec/camera systems
- Knowledge of video protocols H323, sip and understanding use of virtual meeting rooms, particularly via Webrtc / Pexip
- Experience of running multipoint conferences using multiple technologies
- Broadcasting meetings for access by interested parties over the internet
The following skills are desirable
- Experience with screen projecting using Crestron or similar display units
- AMX or Crestron or similar room management systems
- Experience on-demand video conferencing and web casting
- Ability to manage audio and video files, including splitting into segments using appropriate software
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint
- Experience with Glowpoint and Talkpoint
- Knowledge or experience of creating professional videos of staff discussing or sharing information on key topics will be an asset.