Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
Responsible for supporting the AV Manager to provide audio visual and production services to all users, providing ideas & technology that inspire great meetings & events at our clients offices in London. To co-ordinate the resources between the two lecture theatres and 19 associated meeting rooms to include fixed and mobile equipment.Main Duties and Responsibilities (Not necessarily in priority order)
Liaise with each client prior to using the venue to ensure a full understanding of their requirements and event objectives. Offer advice & guidance regarding the optimal equipment & support solution to deliver exceptional customer service every time
- Overall responsibility for the day to day floor operation including setting up & operation of all fixed and mobile AV, digital display screens, Video Conferencing and production services at our clients offices in London ensuring all facilities and services are delivered to agreed standards of procedure
- Supporting meeting rooms as well as live event spaces
- Conducting morning room checks of the AV equipped meeting rooms
- Setting up and testing Polycom Video Conference system before meetings begin
- 1st Line AV support for the client facing meeting rooms: Connecting client's laptops to Wi-Fi & screens etc
- Support for live events, operating the portable mixing unit, setting up wired & wireless microphones and providing a camera crews with sound feeds
- To work effectively with Tv and IT departments regarding filming, streaming, LAN and connectivity
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients & allow up selling for equipment to provide enhanced services to all the Venue's clients.
- To provide outstanding customer service to clients & resolve customer care/ service issues, problems and queries with the Operations Manager, following the guidelines in place in a timely manner.
- To keep skills up to date and be aware of current practice and new developments within venue and events services with primacy to (AV & IT) and after researching, provide analysis and recommendations to the AV Manager
- Liaise with all appropriate and required service providers internal and external to ensure appropriate actions are taken for each conference or event
- Ensure that all required AV & VC equipment has been assessed prior to an event and that it is functioning correctly
- To ensure that all the required resources are ordered, received, available and assigned, as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate records of all events managed and duties performed and to provide statistical and management information, as required, by the Operations Manager
- To liaise with Operations and Sales colleagues, and ensure that up to date event and client information is submitted so that final invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Up selling of AV, filming & streaming and Video Conferencing services and equipment
- To effectively promote the services of Tv for filming , editing and streaming services
Health & Safety
- To ensure the staff and users of London offices comply with all current H&S legislation and Venue operational procedures
- Ensure that all appropriate issues are communicated to the AV Manager
- Ensure the personal security of all, yourself, staff, guests and contractors together with their belonging
- Control the contractors involved in Audio Visual, Stage Production and their Risk Assessments, Method Statements and issue Permits to Work (PTW) and other arising projects.
- To be a responsible person to act as 'Incident Controller' in the absence of the AV Manager.
- To undertake any other duties and projects at the request of the AV Manager
- To comply with data protection legislation and act responsibly on matters of data disclosure both internally and to third parties
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety and Fire policies for the organisation and to attend mandatory updates where required.
- Extensive experience of AV & VC equipment including Digital Yamaha Mixing Consoles, Analogue Way Diventix Switchers, Panasonic ETZ cameras and Polycom Video conferencing Units
- Good knowledge of general IT connectivity, LAN networks and current software packages.
- To have a knowledge of lighting and control systems
- Well presented, with a calm and professional approach
- Excellent customer service skills and awareness. Ability to work with confidence at a variety of levels of customer
- Strong communication skills, with a good level of spoken English.
- General administration skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise a variety of tasks.
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Position involves evening, weekend work, some bank holidays and on-call responsibility
- Permits to Work
45 hours per week as per the rota, exclusive of meal breaks, plus as many as required to fulfil the needs of the role. To include weekends, bank holidays, early and late shifts as detailed in weekly rota. Time off in lieu will be offered where business levels allow. 5 days out of 7