Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The pre-sales team provide technical and commercial support to Account Managers based in the UK, for projects across the EMEA territory. The principle activity will be the preparation of technical proposals for complete Audio-Visual systems.Profile:
The role would suit an individual who is able to work on their own initiative, with a good technical background, excellent written skills and a close attention to detail.
You will join a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories.
Main Purpose of Position:
The pre-sales team provide technical and commercial support to Account Managers based in the UK, for projects across the EMEA territory. The principle activity will be the preparation of technical proposals for complete Audio-Visual systems.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- The individual must be experienced in specifying audio and video solutions which integrate with the customers building and IT infrastructure.
- The individual must be able to accurately assess the labour, programming and fabrication requirements required to properly deploy a project.
- The individual should be able to identify both risks or exceptions likely to be experienced during an integration project, to be able to document them and to ensure that wherever possible, these are accounted for in the costing of a project.
- Our client operates a process of peer review and project handovers. The individual should be confident in both presenting and technical discussions.
- Understand system requirements from Account Managers, a tender document or a discussion with a client and prepare a detailed design to meet these requirements
- Able to understand and develop project budgets and schedules
- Understand the key Stages in a Project life cycle and their interdependencies in order to efficiently estimate work
- Develop system schematics using CAD and costing documents during detailed technical discussion with a client or colleague.
- Prepare a costing document identifying component products, labour and expenses
- Prepare technical quotations or full responses to client requirements or RFP / ITT documents
- Provide technical support to Account Managers
- Provide telephone and e-mail support to the Account Managers and direct support to clients
- Keep in touch with developing technology and understand the advantages to the customer and our client of both new and established technology
- Engage in training courses and technical evaluation of equipment from our key suppliers
- Build a library of template proposals around particular products or system types, to include "stock material"' for proposal categories such as company profiles, previous experience, team member CV's, method statements, etc.
- Maintain fast access materials (such as spread sheets populated with common product offerings) for generating rapid budgetary costing for prospective projects
- Organise demonstrations using control, processing and display products
- Maintain and develop the costing documents in line with company requirements
- Innovate and improve the costing process to the advantage of all processes
- To ensure mandatory compliance with information security policies, standards and procedures.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Technical Knowledge of Audio visual equipment and design
- Technical understanding of room environments and the interaction of people and technology
- Technical knowledge of IT and computer networks
- Ability to understand complex requirements and logically disseminate into component parts.
- Experience and knowledge of AV systems and their components including; video/audio conferencing, switching and distribution, control, speech re-enforcement, display systems, streaming and collaboration.
- Enthusiastic, with drive and a 'can-do' winning attitude
- Strong written English skills and document formatting skills
- Good verbal communication skills verbal and written
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to draw video, audio and control schematics
- Ability to write technical descriptions of designs in language assessable by the customer
- Familiarity with MS Office applications and MS Windows
- Advanced skills are required in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work to rigid time scales in a multi-project environment
- This position requires good skills in prioritisation of work in conjunction with the requirements of individuals and the wider team
- This position is a salaried position, the candidate must be clear that from time to time the requirement to complete a project on time will require flexibility and may require travel, evening or weekend work
- Although it is expected that much of the day to day tasks can be completed from home. In person attendance at regular weekly meetings and client meetings as required.
- Advanced CAD Skills associated to AutoCAD Lt 2014 or similar
- Should either hold or be prepared to work for the Avixa CTS & CTS-D qualification
- Demonstrable Manufacturer certifications