Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the setup and commissioning. The Commissioning Engineer is accountable to the Technical Director.The main duties of the Commissioning Engineer are:
- Supervising system pre-build works at our premises to the required standards.
- Creation of configuration software for such devices as Audio DSPs, Matrices etc
- To carry our system testing and configuration of systems built off site prior to factory acceptance testing.
- Preparing acceptance testing documentation prior to client or consultant factory acceptance tests conducted on our premises
- To assist in the second fix of AV, Broadcast and UCC systems to supplied design drawings and cable schedules and to the highest possible standards.
- To provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third-party control system programmers and provide assistance with control system programming and any control system issues
- To set up, test and commission systems on site to meet the required standards
- Completion, and where appropriate, documentation of as-built version of configuration software for DSPs, Matrices etc
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to gather 'on-site change' information and site-specific details such as IP addresses, MAC Addresses, phone numbers etc and pass this information via a marked-up CAD drawing to the CAD draughtsmen for the production of as-built drawings.
- To provide technical support for all systems installed including technical advice to the client and other team members
- To provide, where necessary, technical support for on-site system maintenance, system repairs and modifications post project completion.
- To provide technical information and support for all the Sales, Installation and Project Management staff
- To undertake and complete in a timely fashion any technical or business specific training courses, including GPA courses, as instructed by your line manager
- In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge.
- Close attention to detail
"' Ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
- Experience in software set up of routing systems, DSPs, graphics processors etc
- Experience in fault-finding complex AV/IT/ Broadcast systems
- Experience in commission complex AV/IT/Broadcast systems
- IP Networking knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Current and clean Driving License.
- ECS or CSCS certification
- Control system programming experience (Crestron and AMX)
- 2D CAD skills
- Infocomm CTS Certification (CTS / CTS-I / CTS-D