Search Our Jobs
permanent and freelance audio visual jobs
Through many years experience in placing audio visual candidates we have built a loyal base of client companies who use us exclusively to provide their recruitment solutions. Our clients are diverse and wide ranging in their use of audio visual and multi-media technology and this range is reflected in the selection of av jobs we have available.
Call us today, on 020 3705 1965 to arrange a meeting at our central London offices.
The Project engineer will work as part of the Operations team to engineer Audio Visual System projects in all of the companies systems vertical markets.Profile
An experienced AV Project Engineer you will have advanced technical knowledge of AV systems and a passion for the industry. You will understand the commercial process and be a great team player with a flexible approach. You will join a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. We have a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
Main Purpose of Position
To work as part of the Operations team to engineer Audio Visual System projects in all of the companies systems vertical markets. This will include system design and commission within budget and to the satisfaction of our customers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver systems engineering to our client defined Standards
- Delivery of key technology support through training and coaching
- Drive quality and consistency into the engineering team by creation, deployment and monitoring of process and Best practice usage
- Be proactive as to the last line of defence for troubleshooting and problem resolution both on site and off site and at short notice
- Support Sales with engineering estimations in terms of Design, hours needed etc
- Perform work on multiple projects within the budgeted cost and to the satisfaction of the client
- Technical liaison with other internal departments, clients and contractors
- To be able to design systems in terms of our client, mechanics' and optics to meet the needs of our clients, using proven technology and also looking for new and interesting solutions to problems
- Physically setup elements of systems to prove the concept
- Liaise with suppliers to research product information and purchase the necessary components for a system ensuring that we are getting the best value for money
- Deal with all aspects of interfacing of audio visual systems, this will encompass both hardware and software interfaces
- Perform on-site commissioning and configuration programming of our systems
- Represent the company at a senior level with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation
- To develop your knowledge from both experience and research to become an "expert"' in one or more a particular areas of our project work to whom others in the organisation can refer
- Produce technical information and engineering documentation as specified in the ES Standards for internal use, clients and external contractors
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Have advanced technical knowledge of our client and Audio Visual Systems
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
- Have an understanding of contracts and commercial processes
- Be able to plan and organise projects and schedule work
- Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application
- Capable of good communication skills both verbal and written, being able to communicate with company executives to building contractors
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in a related subject or have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the Audio Visual or related industry
- CTS or other industry qualifications an advantage
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid Driving Licence
- Have the Legal right to work in the UK
- Be willing and able to travel frequently and for extended periods of work at the HQ, and also on client sites in the EMEA region.