Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement
This Policy Statement is about how Jacobs Massey Ltd (Jacobs Massey) takes account of its economic, social and environmental impact in the way it operates as a business. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose, and strategy with the needs of our clients, whilst embedding such responsible and ethical principles into everything we do.
The elements of this Statement cover our approach in dealing with our clients, suppliers and the local community principles in an effort to support reducing our energy, procurement, transport, water use and other business usage to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
Graeme Massey, Managing Director
Protection on the environment in which we live and operate is part of Jacobs Massey’s values and principles and we consider it to be sound business practice. Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way we do business.
In this policy statement we commit our company to:
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Seeking to minimise wastage and maximize efficient use of materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy statement and within an environmentally aware culture
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance
The nature of our work as a consultancy means that we do not inherently have a high environmental impact but we will take consideration of environmental issues in the professional services we provide and endeavour to reduce our environmental impact wherever possible.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces its environmental impact by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements to the minimum and utilizing public transport and such facilities as video and conference calls to avoid unnecessary travel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring all equipment is switched off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Printing documents only when absolutely required
- Recycling all waste and sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working with like-minded suppliers who also minimize their environmental impact
The Directors will also ensure that our work with both our local and industry communities involves:
- Working and supporting local charities
- Working with and supporting AV industry organisation that exercise and promote good corporate responsibility
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- Supporting education and training amongst our staff and temporary workers
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients, potential clients and candidates by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, honest, truthful and reflects our Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policies
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- We will avoid pressure selling techniques
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and will deal with it, ensuring those affected are kept fully informed
- We will listen to our clients and candidates so that we can improve the services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly, and fairly with suppliers by:
- Ensuring that we make clear arrangement with our suppliers and fully meet our obligations as agreed
- That we will endeavour to pay on time
- Not expecting any discounts to have a detrimental effect on their business
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of Jacobs Massey. Every employee of Jacobs Massey is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work.
This Policy will be monitored and reviewed each year by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with relevant legislation, to meet new business requirements and to identify areas for improvement, updating this document to reflect such changes.